Amendments to the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP)
The CA-MPO will hold a public hearing on amendments to the TIP and a draft version of the Fiscal Year 2018-2021 TIP. The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) requested an amendment to three groupings: Preventive Maintenance and System Preservation, Preventive Maintenance for Bridges and Traffic and Safety Operations. These amendments are based on current estimates and actual obligations from Virginia’s FY15 to FY18 Statewide Transportation Improvement Program (STIP). Charlottesville Area Transit (CAT) with the Department of Rail and Public Transportation, requested an amendment to four items.
Preventive Maintenance and System Preservation:
Add an additional $333,708 of Surface Transportation Program funds and $1,423,576 National Highway Performance Program funds in Financial Fiscal Year 2017.
Preventive Maintenance for Bridges:
- Add $4,893.000 in Surface Transportation Program funds in Financial Fiscal Year 2017.
- Release $455,000 Bridge Rehabilitation and Replacement Program funds in Financial Fiscal Year 2017.
Traffic and Safety Operations:
Charlottesville Area Transit:
- Increase funding from $442,000 to $513,270 for replacement rolling stock (35-foot clean diesel replica trolley);
- Delete item for the purchase of a bus passenger shelter, formerly $74,000;
- Decrease funding for support vehicles, from $48,600 to 24,300; and,
- Add an item for replacing rolling stock, equal to $112,000.
The TIP document outlines the project schedule and funding breakdown for regional transportation projects that are currently underway. Information for the FY15-FY18 TIP and the Annual Obligation Report can be found at (http://campo.tjpdc.org/process-documents/tip/).
*Charlottesville Area Transit (CAT) uses the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) development process of the TJPDC Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) to satisfy the public hearing requirements of 49 U.S.C. Section 5307(c). The TIP public notice of public involvement activities and time established for public review and comment on the TIP satisfies the program-of-projects requirements of the Urbanized Area Formula Program.