The Long Range Transportation Plan or LRTP guides the region in creating a more efficient, responsive and environmentally-sensitive transportation system over the next 20+ years. The plan examines transportation trends/issues and offers a list of specific projects for addressing the region’s mobility needs. The plan is updated every 5 years with work currently being conducted on the 2045 update.
A draft of the LRTP document is provide below for review, and formal public comments will be accepted until the Plan is considered for adoption by the MPO Policy Board on May 22, 2019.
The Charlottesville Albemarle Metropolitan Planning Organization is identified as the official transportation planning agency for Charlottesville and the Urbanized areas of Albemarle County.
- MPO’s are required by federal law in order for the region to receive federal funding for highways, transit, bike and pedestrian, and multimodal systems.
- The MPO is required to review its transportation plan every 5 years.
- Plans may be amended based on changes in federal guidance, transportation needs, and changes in Federal, state and Local funding.
- The LRTP provides the framework and visions from which the region’s transportation program is developed.
Submit Comments via the Form Below
Visit the TJPDC office
- 401 E. Water Street, Charlottesville VA, 22902
Call the TJPDC office
- (434) 979-7310
Mail comments to the TJPDC
- PO Box 1505, Charlottesville VA, 22902
Stay up to date and follow the LRTP 2045 planning process with our LRTP video series.